Thursday, June 7, 2012

100 RPM

I wrote a story.
Then some people read it.
And they decided it was good enough to be in a book alongside some really incredible authors.
As this is my first time, I feel rather honoured. Proud. And so terribly, terribly excited!


100 RPM was published on the 31st of May (that has gone down as my new lucky day) and you can go over here to read more about it on Caroline Smailes's blog - she was the great mastermind behind this incredible project.
You can go over here to buy it - at the bargain price of 99p. All the money made from this project goes to the charity One in Four - a charity that offers support to people who have experienced sexual abuse.
It was about 8 years ago when I first heard that statistic - that one in four children will experience sexual abuse before the age of 18. I was sitting in the living room - my four children on the carpet in front of me. I was overwhelmed with sadness and a terrible feeling of helplessness and desperation. One in four. It's a shocking statistic.
I would like to say a special thank you to Caroline Smailes for bringing this worthy cause to our attention. She's an incredible lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment